Improve Your Soil’s Organic Matter with dry Leaf Compost - WEED FREE!
Organic Matter Supplements the Health of Your Soil
Better Lawns with Turf King’s Concentrated Leaf Compost with Wood Ash
We are pleased to be offering an organic material application, a new pelletized material that gives the benefits of top dressing without the clumps of material smothering the grass. We believe it to be the one of the most environmentally sound ways to keep lawn soft, lush, safe, healthy and green.
Over time, your lawn’s soil can become tired and infertile. Turf King’s Leaf Compost dressing program – a fortified mix of leaf compost and wood ash and other micro-nutrients – is designed to reintroduce beneficial nutrients to restore the health of your lawn’s soil.
Features and Benefits to Turf:
• Contains granular leaf compost to aid in water retention essential for seed establishment
• Adding leaf compost helps add organic matter to the soil
• Leaf compost can add beneficial microbes to the soil profile
• Wood ash is an excellent source of micro-nutrients, potassium and calcium
• Wood ash can raise the pH of acidic soils
• Wood ash contains most of the essential nutrients plants require
• Excellent for correcting soils that have a low pH as well as a potassium deficiency
Benefits provided to Turf by Organic Matter-All the benefits of added Organic Matter. Our Leaf Compost and Wood Ash Dressing is derived from composted organic matter and is easy to apply with a fertilizer spreader.
- Organic matter is known to increase soil water-holding capacity, resulting in increased drought tolerance and higher irrigation efficiency.
- Organic matter also acts as a food source for increased microbial activity. This reduces thatch problems.
- Boosting Organic matter by 1% can increase drought tolerance by 50%.
- Organic matter increases soil nutrient holding capacity, maximizing plant nutrient uptake.
- Organic matter acts as a chelator (a holder) of nutrients, holding them in the root zone when otherwise they would be leached from the soil.
- A healthier lawn resisting pests and disease results from improved soil
Benefits of a Dry Compost -
- Dry compost solids mean lower rate of application vs. wet compost.
- Granular product allows the use of fertilizer spreader and wide application swath vs. a specialized compost drop spreader or fork and rake.
- Reduced labour, no compost pile in the yard, etc. Is applied with a fertilizer spreader
- No smell when wet because it does not contain animal by-products or manure. Contains little water (10%) vs. regular compost (can be up to 50%).
- Environmentally friendly to your grass.
- Does not contain processed sewage.
- Safe around children and pets.
- Non-polluting, safe around lakes and streams.
- Does NOT contain Weed Seeds.
Where to add Organic Matter as Leaf Compost:
- To stimulate microbial activity where soil health has been compromised by chemical fertilizer and pesticide usage.
- On sandy and low organic matter soils.
- On heavy soils to promote improved tilth.
- At grass seeding for improved establishment.
- Can be applied at any time, spring and/or fall is typical, with aeration is also good.
- Any place where compost is needed to improve the soil Organic Matter status, tilth, water holding capacity and soil quality.
- This product should be used as part of a complete lawn fertility program.
If you have a lawn/tree/shrub that needs some Tender Loving Care- get The KING OF GREEN:
or call us at 905.318.6677 or 1.888.TURFKING (887.3546)
If you would like more information, please Contact us
Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/turfkingofgreen
Copyright 2019 Turf King-Hamilton. All Rights Reserved.